|Our marine debt recovery service is preferable to many different service providers within the marine industry owing to our no win, no fee strategy. Law firms in your domicile will very often bill you and in any event have to use a law firm within the jurisdiction where any final action may be taken. If no recovery is made you will still be liable for your law firms work to date. Not with us!
Our global network of lawyers, with whom we have had relationships for twenty years understand how we work and are accessible.
We manage the legal process for you, on a daily basis, in conjunction with our network of lawyers in much the same way as a club or correspondent would. Our areas of experience are as follows:-
- Establishing who the correct party is that owes the debt
- Debt negotiation including satisfactory instalments and or freight assignments
- Arrest of ships around the world
- Arrest of bunkers
- Account attachment
The laws of each country vary even if they are party to the same arrest conventions. Due to our experience we are quickly able to asses the most appropriate jurisdiction for a particular, debt, lien and or contract type. For example:-
- Certain jurisdictions recognise claims as liens that others do not. Even the law of where the debt arose may not recognise the claim but a foreign jurisdiction will
- Charterers debts are not always enforceable in certain jurisdictions but are in others
- The corporate veil, despite popular belief, can be lifted in more countries than is common shipping knowledge
Arrest can be very expensive and potentially dangerous in some jurisdictions but a straight forward solution in another.
||At Seadebt International we offer the following services:
- International Debt Collection
- Ship Tracking and arrest
- Company Investigation – Credit Reporting
- Debt Recovery Consultancy – Terms available upon request
- Subrogated claims recovery for Underwriters
- Letter only service – Terms available upon request
- Act as your outsource partner in the Credit Management cycle
- Contract review – Fixed fee USD 250.00
- NEW: Writing, copy-editing, proofreading and typesetting services to the Marine Industry